On November 19, 2016 Kabultec held its Annual Afghan Women’s Benefit Dinner. For the first time, the event was hosted by the Elmer Timberman Masonic Lodge in Annandale, Virginia. It featured:
- A ten-course authentic Afghan dinner (menu here). The catering was a team effort provided by in-house volunteers and the Afghan Market in Alexandria, Virginia. The flowers were generously provided by Galleria Florist in Falls Church, Virginia.
- A silent auction of crafts by Afghan women and artisana from around the Afghanistan. It featured textiles, embroidery, pottery, blown glass, carved stone, clothing, jewelry, carpets, and other handicrafts.
- A talk by Max Gross about his recent visit to Afghanistan after a 41 year absence.
- A talk by Omar Samad about recent developments in Afghanistan.
- An address by Nasrine Gross about Kabultec’s 2016 activities and plans for 2017.
If you would like more information about upcoming benefit dinners, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 703-536-6471. If you would like to make a tax-deductible donation, please visit our donate page.